22 February 2009

Getting there..wisely

To be brave is to behave
Bravely when your heart is faint
So you can be really brave
Only when you really ain't
.”

“The road to wisdom? Well, it's plain and simple to express: Err and err again but less and less and less.”

“Living is
a thing you do
now or never -
which do you?”

“People are self-centered
to a nauseous degree.
They will keep on about themselves
while I'm explaining me.”


-- Piet Hein, Danish mathematician, inventor and poet (1905-1996)

I've always admired wise old men who could come up with nice cracks about life, drawing on their valuable experiences. Hein was brought to my attention by a close friend, who sent me the first quote. I was most encouraged and with minimal googling, found more of his nuggets of wisdom. :)




No comments: