18 April 2007

Work ethics

This is in english once again.... (so my mood is apparent...pretty stoic)

Today we talk about work ethics.
Nothing much happened to irk me, it is a "general" whine.

I guess many of us are swamped by work, the dreaded 4 letter wordwhich almost always evolves to "CRAP".
The woeful predicament of an individual slumped over a work desk, tired till he can't remember where home lies, is all too familiar.
People always tell each other to relax, one must learn to let go, one cannot ever finish WORK. But is it so simple?

No.

Many a time, I realise things go askew when work ethics go wrong.
There are many instances I feel like throwing in the towel and just going with the flow to "cruise" along, bum about and just perform minimally. Why kill yourself over work? Over what others will gain from more than you do?
But I almost always hold myself back in time.
Nope, I am not saying I am a saint; in fact, far from it! I suffer from human failures so often I lose count. I just whine and come back, not necessarily stronger, but with a fire in my belly, to try to redeem myself by working my way out of the rut.

It just has to be this case, this makes my work ethics.

But some people do not see things this way.
They are not keen on idealistic stuff, so work ethics don't hold appeal to them.
"What's the deal about ethics? I just want to shove the s*** elsewhere to someone else!!"

We cannot blame them, really. They are in our biosphere and no doubt, there are times, when we want to be s***-shovers ourselves, especially when we are the recepients of the holy mound.

I think I am right on this count.



No comments: