29 November 2009

Norah Jones "The Fall"



I've always loved Jones' voice, for its clarity and a uniqueness that always makes me feel that she is singing to me alone.
"The Fall" is an album soaked in New Yorkness, in my humble opinion.
A high, crisp note of autumn in the air, walking down a NY street lined with winterish trees.
Starting the album is "Chasing pirates", a dancey tune with a"story" presumably about a girl who is wondering a lot about her love...
Love the album cover, Jones looks so awfully delicious...and the pooch simply tops it all up.
To be enjoyed, I recommend this album as yet another classic by an exceptional artistse.

Chasing Pirates:
In your message you said, you were going to bed
But i’m not done with the night.
So I stayed up and read, but your words in my head got,
Me mixed up so I turned out the light.

And I don’t know how to slow it down.
My mind’s racing from chasing pirates.

Now I’m having the squeams, while the silliest things
Are flapping around in my brain.
And I try not to dream of the impossible schemes,
That swim around wanna drown me in synch.

And I don’t know how to slow it down
Oh My mind’s racing from chasing pirates.x2

My mind’s racing from chasing pirates
My mind’s racing from chasing pirates

No comments: