28 June 2006

Feeling right

Saw a guy on the MRT sketching.

Yeah, sketching.

He was beside me, a Malay-looking gentleman with a sketch book. he just took out his pen and flipped open his sketch book. Wow.

There were several pages of very impressive sketchwork done by various mediums: pencil, blue ink, black ink... very sharp and clean lines.

And he was holding on to a red pen when he just started his work. I couldn't tell what he was modelling his work on, maybe he was drawing a picture in his mind. Such was the look of concentration on his face, really intent.

Alas, he only began sketching at the Sembawang stop, one stop before I alighted, so I couldn't wait to finish the "final product".

But it didn't really matter, because I was already touched, by the man's display of concentration on his sketch work. The feeling was so right, as what I would really love to go through as a writing person (note: NOT writer).

No comments: